Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 3: Cleaned my Dresser & Found Some Treasure

Today's one bag was focused on my dresser. This is the spot where I keep my skivvies, tank tops, socks, swimwear, and jammies. So, needless-to-say, it gets messy quickly. And, just like the other flat surfaces in my house, the top of my dresser becomes a catch-all for junk that has nowhere else to go.

I started from the top and worked my way down the dresser. The top drawer is the skivvies drawer, so I kept the good ones and threw out the bad ones (nothing donate-able here). Then I worked through the rest of the drawers, getting rid of things that were no longer wearable. Every woman needs to clean out her undies drawers.

What I did find were a few unusual treasures. The biggest treasures of all (this may seem gross, but so isn't) were the letters to the tooth fairy and the baby teeth that came with them. My kids decided that it was a good idea to put their teeth in plastic bags with the letter to the tooth fairy. Since I was the tooth fairy - surprise, surprise - and I traded the letters for money in the middle of the night, the adorable letters they wrote and pictures they drew ended up in the top drawer of my dresser. I keep the big bottom drawer of this dresser filled with special things from my children's baby years - little hats, blankets, and favorite toys - so I also added the teeth and letters. When they are older, they will enjoy looking back on those sweet little wishes they sent to the tooth fairy.

The other treasures were cute items that my daughter could wear. These treasures were from the tank tops and jammies drawers. I was surprised when she described them as being "cool." I guess a few Aeropostale tanks and rubber ducky jammie bottoms will make a 12-year-old happy.

Now that I have picked through the good, the bad, and the ugly, I would really like to add some of those drawer dividers to keep my skivvies better organized. The undies drawers and sock drawers get so messy so quickly. I'm going to need to search around Pinterest for a cheap way to divy up the skivvies.

I did fill one bag with the junk in this dresser and I found it amazing that I had that much stuff to throw away. Here's the finished product and yes, that is a Thirty-One bag on the top. Love the Thirty-One bags!


No comments:

Post a Comment